Is that my real name?
Casimir — as in Casimir the Great
Munch — as in Edvard Munch
Fornalski — as in…
well, the world has yet to see a legendary Fornalski. I'm working on it.
I've been working in graphic design, animation, digital and printed media since 2009. In that time I’ve animated dozens of videos and designed full graphics packages for documentaries, keynote presentations, web series, and event marketing. I've applied my skills to experiential and interactive design for both trade shows and educational installations. On occasion, I do a book cover or run of posters.
What I enjoy most is designing graphic systems and establishing guidelines that ensure fidelity to a brand, particularly in ways that help other artists in a team align to a style and execute efficiently.
My role as an AD is to work closely with creative directors and clients to help interpret the vision for their product/campaign, then produce the assets, style, and consistent visual language necessary for a concept to materialize. I truly love building color palettes, figuring mathematical tables for typographic scales and layout grids, spending hours researching typefaces, and leading teams of talented artists in a unified design effort.
Where I've Worked
- First Person: 2015–present
- Yahoo: 2013–2015
- Freelance: 2009–2014
- Google: 2010–2013
- Academy of Art University: 2009–2010
- CBS Interactive (CNET & ZDNet): 2006–2007
Where I've taught
- Bay Area Video Coalition: 2014–2015
What I Know
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Cinema 4D
- HTML & CSS
- Digital publishing for iPad
- Offset Print production
- Cylinder letterpress printing
- Metal & wood type compositing
- Photopolymer platemaking & printing
Where I've Learned
- Academy of Art UniversityBFA, Motion Pictures & Television2008
- Bay Area Video Coalition Motion & Digital Design2009
- San Francisco Center for the Book Certification, Vandercook Cylinder Letterpress2017
Who I'd Like to Work With